Saturday, June 22, 2019

ABBA - Fanmarde Cover Artwork - Box Set Ideas

BY RUBBERBALLALEX -In the past few years, ABBA has released singles box sets for each album. Arrival, The Album, and Voulez-Vous have been released so far. Surely the other albums will be released in the future. Therefore, I predicted the singles and coloured vinyl for each album. Here are the Ring Ring singles. All these singles were released in Scandinavia except for Nina, Pretty Ballerina. Both Nina, Pretty Ballerina (Austrian release) and Love Isn’t Easy both had I Am Just A Girl as a B-Side so I put Disillusion instead on Nina, Pretty Ballerina.


Moving onto the Waterloo singles, I used the English and French versions of Waterloo (I realised just now that I forgot the Swedish version), Honey Honey and Hasta Manana. My favourite picture cover was the Italian one but Watch Out would’ve already used as a B-Side on Waterloo I utilised the 1974 remix of Ring Ring instead for Hasta Manana. All four original singles would be included in the ABBA (1975) singles box set in my opinion.

The Super Trouper singles box set is most likely to be released next year. Two singles were mainly released around the world: The Winner Takes It All and Super Trouper. Lay All Your Love On Me and Happy New Year was released as well but in selected countries. 


For The Visitors singles Boxset, I redid Under Attack and No Hay A Quien Culpar. The latter was released in one South American country with no cover but was pressed on red vinyl. I could’ve done Se Me Esta Escapando but we would all have been skint by then!!!

Finally, I had selected only a few singles from the Gracias Por La Musica era. I did the coppers for Estoy Sonando, Gracias Por La Musica, and Hasta Manana. Hasta Manana was beset from the RCA company sleeve used in South America. My friend Wickus created the awesome cover of Andante Andante which I thought would be great if it was included.






No comments:

Post a Comment